The Power of Yoga
Yoga has been studied in terms of many health conditions and has a host of benefits including: stress relief, pain relief, better breathing, increased flexibility and strength, weight management, improved circulation and healing, and better mental focus and presence to the world around us.
Yoga has been shown to help decrease symptoms of anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and even chronic pain. Yoga also can help normalize heart rate and rhythm, increase our resilience to everyday stresses.
Yoga or gentle, mindful stretching can also help us to connect to our bodies on a daily basis and give us insight into our health and well-being.
Some local resources for yoga in the community
- White Pine Yoga Studio -1043 (Unit B) Pembroke St West. 613-559-0707 firstname.lastname@example.org – irest Yoga Nidra Meditation course (PTSD), relax and renew classes
- Active chiropractic family health centre – 1169 Pembroke St. East. (across from Home Depot) 613-732-9215 email@example.com – classes of all different types and for all different skill levels – eg. cancer surviour, men’s, co-ed, women
- Power of you – 1 Doran Road, Petawawa, (613) 401-1842
- Best western gym – Pembroke
- Marguerite centre – Pembroke
- Pembroke seniors centre
- Lion’s hall – Petawawa
- Dundonald Hall / Garisson Petawawa Recreation Complex – Petawawa
If you know of other resources in the community for yoga, please let us know! firstname.lastname@example.org
Originally published in the Valley Naturopath clinic newsletter October 2013Related to: anxiety . chronic pain . depression . health and wellness . healthy living . mindful movement . PTSD . resilience . weight loss . yoga