15 Ways to Stop Seasonal Allergies Naturally
Want to stop the sneezing, congestion and itchy, watery eyes?
The symptoms of seasonal allergies can be can be annoying or even unbearable. There are many simple and effective therapies that Naturopathic Medicine has to offer.
Diet and lifestyle
1) Avoid products that stress or damage the respiratory system like second hand smoke, aerosols, air pollution, and many household cleaners. Click here to access the Environmental Working Group’s Guide to Healthy Cleaning.
2) Purchase a good quality air purifier, especially for your bedroom.
3) Vacuuming, dusting, and washing linens and drapes regularly can help decrease your overall allergen load.
4) Avoid wearing shoes in the house. Most of our air pollution is from indoors, and many pollutants stick to dust.
5) Wash clothes, drapes and bedding in hot water to destroy allergens.
6) Consider hardwood floors instead of carpet.
7) Use a dehumidifier to prevent mold from making itself at home.
8) Ensure water leaks are properly remediated.
9) Consider using a saline nasal rinse or netti pot.
10) Eating honey from local flowers may help re-train your immune system.
11) Work to balance the immune system’s function by identifying and addressing food sensitivities.
12) Probiotics may also be helpful in some cases.
Herbs, supplements, homeopathic remedies and acupuncture
13) There are several herbs and homeopathics that can be helpful to manage allergy symptoms. These are tailored to the individual patient’s case. Some have scientific research behind them, and some are based on traditional use.
14) Some people find acupuncture to be quite effective in the management of their allergy symptoms.
15) In addition, some people find using supplements like Quercetin Bromelain or Vitamin C to be effective. Quercetin and Vitamin C are found in many fruits and veggies. Bromelain is in pineapple cores. A combination of these three can be more effective than using them alone.
Struggling with Seasonal Allergies? We can help with that!
Looking for an alternative or complement to mainstream medical treatment? Naturopathic Medicine has many safe and effective, treatment options to help get your allergy symptoms under control, and to address the root cause of your allergies.
Naturopathic Medicine is covered by most extended healthcare plans. Check with your provider for details.