Heart Health and the Mediterranean Diet
Residents of Renfrew County are more likely to experience heart disease and stroke
According to Statistics Canada, residents of Renfrew County are more likely to be overweight or obese, have high blood pressure, smoke, drink, and eat fewer fruits and vegetables when compared to the Ontario average. More of us also experience heart disease and stroke.
At Valley Naturopath we can help you
- lower your risk of having a heart attack or stroke over the next 10 years
- balance your blood pressure
- balance your blood sugar
- reduce abdominal fat
- normalize your cholesterol levels
- decrease your risk of developing heart disease and diabetes
- learn how to eat for heart health and blood sugar balance – to support your overall health long-term
- learn about health benefits of the Mediterranean diet – even without weight loss
- learn how to incorporate some aspects of the Mediterranean diet into your busy life
Four hours of naturopathic care over one year
Four hours of naturopathic care over one year in addition to conventional medical care has been shown to lower one’s risk of having a heart attack or stroke over the next 10 years when compared with conventional medical care alone.
In addition, Naturopathic Doctors regularly help patients balanced their blood pressure and blood sugar, reduce their abdominal fat, and normalize their cholesterol levels; decreasing their risk of developing heart disease and diabetes.
We offer a menu of treatment options based on which risk factors you have as well as your preferences.
We offer individualized diet and lifestyle advice, evidence-based nutritional supplements, personalized exercise programs and weight-loss counselling to help you achieve your health goals.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
The bottom line is, making permanent changes in your daily life can have a big impact on your health. Let us help you get there.