At Valley Naturopath, we work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your lifestyle, and helps you reach your health goals
Many chronic health conditions are related to the way we choose to live our lives.
Small changes for the better can often make a big difference in terms of your health and quality of life.
It’s never too late to make positive changes in your everyday life that can have a big impact on your health and quality of life for years to come.
What makes a healthy senior?
There are simple things we can do on a daily basis to support our health as we age. Healthy eating, staying active, preventing falls or injuries, doing things we enjoy, doing things that are meaningful to us, and building and maintaining social relationships are some of the things that help to keep us healthy as we age.
Our health is multifaceted and it involves physical, mental-emotional, social, environmental and spiritual aspects. At Valley Naturopath we take the time to get to know the whole picture, and we work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your lifestyle, and helps you reach your health goals.
Issues we discuss with patients
- Challenges to the health of seniors in our community
- Strengths, resources and programs that promote healthy seniors in our community
- How health conditions may look and feel different in seniors
- How our body changes as we age and how can we support it
- Risk-benefit information
- Pill burden, treatment burden, lost opportunity costs, minimally disruptive medicine
- Quality of life
- What taking control of your health as a senior means to you
Common conditions we can address
- Mental health
- Heart health (eg. cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, heart attack and stroke prevention)
- Memory problems
- Trouble sleeping
- Recurrent health problems or infections
- Immune system support
- Osteoporosis, bone density issues
- Pain, loss of mobility
- Bladder control
- Sexual difficulties, pain or discomfort during sex
- Vision-related conditions
- Quitting smoking
- Healthy weight
- Digestive health
- And many more!
Treatment tools we may use
Treatment tools we may use to prevent and treat diseases associated with aging include:
- Diet and lifestyle advice
- Natural remedies including: herbs, homeopathics or supplements
- Hydrotherapy, using water at different temperatures to affect circulation and promote healing
- Lab tests
- Acupuncture or acupressure
- Food sensitivity testing
- And many more!
For more information, feel free to call, e-mail or come in for a free introductory visit
Naturopathic medicine can be safely and effectively combined with the care you are already receiving.