Come learn about medicinal plants that are growing right in our backyard!
Herb walks are a great way to get people out to experience the health benefits of being outside, connecting with nature, and engaging with and learning about the medicinal plants that grow locally in our community.
Herb walks generally involve spending time outside learning about and connecting with the natural landscapes, ecosystems plants and trees growing all around us.
Herb walks can be held at any time throughout the year for people of all ages and stages of life. Walking is not always necessary.
If you are interested in hearing about future herb walks – sign up for our free clinic newsletter or our herb walk list.
Herb walks can involve:
- learning how to connect with the plants around us
- learning about different medicinal plants that grow locally
- learning about how plants change throughout the growing season or even from year to year
- learning how the landscape can influence what grows where
- learning about different types of herbal medicines
- learning how trees, other plants, and herbal remedies can help us in our daily lives and potentially even with health challenges
- experiencing the health benefits of spending time in nature
Connecting with nature, preserving the environment
As naturopathic doctors we are sworn to preserve the health of our planet for ourselves, our families and for future generations, and we understand that our health is inseparable from the health of our communities, and of the world that we live in.
At Valley Naturopath we are passionate about simple, effective healthcare solutions that foster a connection with nature because of its importance in our health and well being. We believe that herb walks help us to connect with the natural world around us, and we believe that cultivating a connection with nature is integral to environmental preservation.
If you have questions or suggestions about future public herb walks, or would like us to tailor an herb walk to meet your group’s individual needs, call us at 613-631-0137 or e-mail us at email@example.com. We’re here to help and we’d love to hear from you!