Pain management – naturopathic approaches
There are many different tools that Naturopaths can use with patients for pain management. We try to address the root cause of your pain to gradually decrease or resolve it over time. We also have approaches that can provide fast relief, naturally.
Our approaches include
- Mindfulness-based approaches including stress reduction techniques
- Addressing health concerns that could be contributing to pain (eg. Digestive problems, past or current injuries, inflammation, arthritis, fractures, fibromyalgia)
- Helping you prepare for and recover from surgery
- Assessing and treating alignment of the bones, as well as treating the muscles and soft tissues – looking at your body’s structure and how you move
- Improving your sleep quality so the body and mind can rest and heal properly
- Investigating food sensitivities that may be contributing to systemic inflammation and increased pain
- Acupuncture – either Traditional Chinese Medicine-based or modern medical acupuncture and trigger point release – or a combination of both!
- Hydrotherapy using water of different temperatures to influence circulation and promote healing
- Lymphatic drainage to decrease swelling and promote healing
- Homeopathic medicines – dilute medicines that stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal itself
- Plant medicines – to help with health conditions contributing to pain, to address nerve pain, for stress relief, or to improve sleep quality
- Nutrition foods and/or supplements
- Diet and lifestyle counseling potentially weight loss
- Manual treatment gentle techniques that address the bones, soft tissues, and organs can address misalignment issues, muscles spasms, improve circulation and promote proper healing.
Originally published in the Valley Naturopath clinic newsletter October 2013
Related to: Acupressure . Acupuncture . chronic pain . corticosteroids . diet and lifestyle . food sensitivities . herbal remedies . homeopathy . hydrotherapy . inflamation . lymphatic drainage . mindfulness . natural pain management . naturopath . naturopathic medicine . NSAIDS . nutrition . osteopathic manual practice . pain . pain management . pain relievers . recovering after injury . recovering after surgery . sleep naturally . weight loss